Thursday, 19 April 2012

DIY: Pure Sea Salt Facial Toner



Toners are huge part of skin care routines. I know I haven't mentioned this in my Skin Care Routine for Acne Prone Skin but that is because I just found out about this stuff from YouTube.

So I gave it a try and here is my Personal Response:

It is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. I never thought toners can do much to your skin but this one really makes a difference. 
I would really recommend this for people with acne prone skin. Also it does NOT dry out your skin which most of over-the-counter toners do. My skin definitely feels fresh.

Read more to find out Why Sea Salt is Good for Skin and How I Make It.


Why Sea Salt is Good for Skin:


  • It is a Natural Exfoliator and that is why you find it in many spa products.
  • It is a Stress Reducer. Greeks and Romans both used warm seawater as a therapy to help people relax. This is now called Talassotherapy. It has psychological benefits and improves the quality of sleep.
  • Sea salt is a natural detoxifier because the salt absorbs the toxins from the skin.
  • Sea Salt are pure which means they haven't been much processed as table salt.


How I Make It:

You Need:
100% PURE Sea Salt
Warm Water


Take 1 tsp to 1/4 cup of warm water. Store it in one of those pump bottles. Let it sit overnight and use it in the morning,

In the morning I wash my face and I apply this toner using a cotton pad. After I apply my daily moisturiser and then I apply my make up.

Let me know what you think of this toner :) Take Care.
Follow Me on Pinterest

Love Krishna xxx



Follow Me on Pinterest

32 comments :

  1. I've been doing a saltwater 'bath' everyday which is basically just mixing warm water with sea salt together and splashing it on my face a few times. It's such a good way to reduce acne! Also it helps with itchy skin such as dermatitis, eczema and psoriasis/dandruff - I always keep a spray bottle of it in my bathroom cupboard.
    I love your blog, it's good to see a blog dedicated to easy and effective acne solutions. Keep up the rad work. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg I do exactly the same. I have a little spray bottle of salt water in my bathroom.
      And thank you :) Hope it helps

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been using this toner for one week and the improvement in my skin is incredible!!!
    I deeply recommend it... <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. i will try this !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, not to sound dense or anything.... but do you leave toner on? Or do you rinse it off? I have never used it before. :) So excited about this though!!

    *runs off to find a tiny bottle*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No you don't rinse it off. Once you apply with cotton pad or spray you let it set for 2 mins and then apply anything else you want :)

      Delete
  6. How much sea salt do you put in with the water?

    ReplyDelete
  7. How much sea salt do you put in with the water?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Would this be suited for people with dry and flaky acne?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is especially good for people with dry skin because this toner does NOT dry out skin at all :) Its quite good because it has all the minerals in it

      Delete
  9. Hi Krishna, where do you get your pure seasalt from? Zoe x

    ReplyDelete
  10. can you use iodized sea salt or no?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I recommend 100% pure sea salt with NO additives :)

      Delete
    2. I use iodized sea salt and it works just as great. You just can't use table salt.

      Delete
  11. Could you apply this before you go to bed?
    I've heard that if you apply toner before bed it can do wonders for your skin by the time you wake up

    ReplyDelete
  12. i have been using the sea salt toner for about a month now any im loving it! my skin has changed so much and it hasnt been clearer! thank you for this post!:)
    -Z

    ReplyDelete
  13. sorry i meant THIS clearer!
    -Z

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad it worked for you :) No Problem at all xoxo

      Delete
  14. Is natural sea salt the same as pure sea salt? Jw
    I tried this out and it made my face feel a lil tingly but after a bit it felt normal, but it did feel good afterwards :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is the same as pure sea salt :)

      Delete
  15. can i use salt for cooking??:D

    ReplyDelete
  16. can u use the pure and natural kosher salt?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm not so sure as to its effectiveness, but kosher salt has the natural iodine that you find in regular salt removed...

      Delete
  17. Hiii really useful blog thanks :)
    where can you buy 100% pure sea salt from the UK?? like which one is the best to buy pleaseeee x

    ReplyDelete

  18. Haven't tried it. Just got mine now. Hope it works tho. Cos my skin is rili bad with black spots all over and don't kno wot to do...HELP!

    ReplyDelete
  19. why are you suggesting we use warm water?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Warm water because the salt mixes better in it. Duh.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Salt water dissolves better in warm water yes. And as said if its stored overnight it should be room temp. Follow with tea tree oil moisturizer from the body shop or one of their lines. Also I'd reccomend the salt water at night not in morning under makeup in case it dries your skin out!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've been doing it for the last two years and absolutely fantastic results. I ran out for a month and was building up grease real quick. I get better results cleansing in the evening then apply thin based cream in the morning. also eat organic to help increase results quicker.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...