Saturday, 27 August 2011

5 Ways to Dye Hair Naturally. Just Pick your Colour.



Dying hair whether at home or at salons, will definitely damage your hair. But doing it naturally will not cause any damage. You just pick the colour you want and give it a try :) I want you all to know that I don't promise, it will work effectively on everyone in just one go. You will have to try them at least 2 times to get the intense colour.

 I haven't tried any of them yet. I would love to but I don't get time these days :( 

Before trying out these hair dyes, make sure your hair is clean and without any products. If you are not feeling comfortable with the outcomes then test a small strand of your hair with these dyes.

1st Hair Dye:
Henna (Mehndi)
Check the colour chart HERE.

Directions:
Henna is PERFECT if you want your hair to be glossy, thick and long. DO NOT use henna dye that has chemicals in it and which is black in colour. You will find Henna in any Indian stores. Ask the shopkeeper if it is natural before buying it. Also buy the powder form of henna. If you are scared of the results, then test it on a small strand of hair and time it to check how long you should leave it for your hair colour choice. This will work only in 1 go.

Directions: Mix the powder henna with yogurt until its a yogurt like consistency. Let it sit overnight. Then in the morning put on plastic gloves and separate your hair in few parts depending on the volume of your hair. But averagely separate top + bottom head. Clip away the top part and apply the henna mixture in the bottom part. Do the same with the top. If you get henna on forehead, wipe it off because it will stain your skin. The stain goes away in a day or two. When you have got the henna applied, wrap your head with a piece of cloth that covers all your hair. It won't stain your bath tub so don't worry about that. If you are trying it for the first time then leave it on for only an hour and rinse it all out. Later if you want more intense colour then try it again and leave it on for longer. Wash your hair with a shampoo made for colour treated hair.

2nd Hair Dye:
Honey

Directions:
Honey bleaches your hair naturally so it is perfect if you want a lighter shade than your natural colour. Mix honey and yoghurt together to make it non-sticky. Take enough yoghurt to make honey non-sticky and take honey depending on your hair length. Apply it and leave it on for at least 2 hours. It won't work in 1 go, you have to do this for at least 3-4 times. Do this only once a week.

3rd Hair Dye:
Black Tea

Directions:
Black Tea gives your hair a darker shade than your natural hair colour. Brew 2 cups of strong tea. When its warm enough rinse with it. Take out the excess tea water and leave the rest on for 3-4 hours and then rinse your hair gently with pure water. Do this 3-4 times and you should notice the colour change.

4th Hair Dye:
Coffee

Directions: 
Coffee gives you red and brown highlights in dark hair. Prepare 2 cups of strong coffee as you would to drink. Wash your hair with a good shampoo and then put this mixture in a small tub. Put the tub in your bath tub and dip your hair in it. Rinse your hair over and over again with the mixture from the tub with a glass or some container. Work the coffee thoroughly. Take the excess coffee mixture out and leave the rest in hair for 3-4 hours and then rinse with plain water. You should notice a few highlights after doing this 3-4 times.

5th Hair Dye:
Rhubarb Root

Directions:
Visit your local health store to get an access to buy Rhubarb Root. This plant lightens your hair from honey brown to blonde or light brown. It lightens any hair colour, a shade or two. Simmer the root in 4 cups of water in a glass or non metal pot for about an hour. Let it cool down and then strain it through a sieve. Put the mixture in a small tub and use this mixture to rinse your hair after washing it with a shampoo. Pour the mixture on your hair over and over again to get the colour. Rinse hair with 2 cups of pure water to get the mixture out and leave your hair to dry in sun so the colour comes out better.

You can also buy this hair dye which is made naturally. It is called Naturtint Permanent Hair Colourant. Click HERE to see. You can buy it online from the website or from any drug stores/health stores.

If you have any questions, ask me in the comment section below. Take Care.
Love Krishna xxx
Follow Me on Pinterest

62 comments :

  1. Does the rhubarb root dye really work? :D
    Bec I really want blonde highlights in my hari!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried it personally but I heard it lots of times that it works to lighten hair. If you are concerned about the results then try it on a small strand of hair and then if you like it then you can highlight as you wish :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have kinds light brown hair with blonde highlights and i want to dye it darker will the coffee work??

    ReplyDelete
  4. yea the coffe and tea will work if you want a darker shade

    ReplyDelete
  5. For the coffee one, do I wait until my hair is dry or use it while it's still wet?
    And by the way. your blog is AMAZING. I love it so much, I go on like EVERY DAY to browse all your tips and tricks :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you :) so glad to hear that
      umm.. I would say it will be more effective if you just towel dry your hair after shampooing and do the coffee thing :)

      Delete
    2. I have used this meany times on myself and friends i find it works well if you shampoo it no condishner then blow dry almost all the way then use the coffee.

      Delete
  6. I used cranberry juice in high school to give it a temporary reddish tint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to hear people do still adapt natural ingredients :) I love your idea too.

      Delete
  7. Does lemon juice work to also lighten your hair

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes lemon juice probably does but i strongly urge you not to try it because it is the worst thing you could possibly do to your hair.

      Delete
    2. Actually, lemon juice makes your hair shine and so does a teaspoon of vinegar but I prefer the lemon juice, say once a month mix a quarter jug of lemon juice with water to rinse after washing & conditioning, then every time you go in the sun you automatically have an extra lighting going on. It's a year process though but if anyone knows that every little bit of lightening counts, it's me.

      Delete
  8. No lemon juice makes ur hair burnt..don't try it

    ReplyDelete
  9. My natural hair is black and i tried to diy it naturaly many times with hena but it didnt chang at all i really want the brownesh look on me what should i do

    ReplyDelete
  10. My natural hair is black and i tried to diy it naturaly many times with hena but it didnt chang at all i really want the brownesh look on me what should i do

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you should try keep it a little bit longer so your hair will catch the colour :)

      Delete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I tried on my daughter with beet, no color at all. Maybe after few times? To much work to keep it up, I use to do henna but it was to orange, I like dark brown/red

    ReplyDelete
  13. hi! first of all, nice blog! :)) i wanted to ask if you ever tried honey+ cinnamon hair dye, i want to try but im kinda scared to

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I havent tried that because I am scared too that it will itch my scalp and irritate it.

      Delete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. have you tried lemon to lighten your hair? because my hair is brown and i just want it a little tiny bit lighter but i'm scared my hairs going to end up blonde. Also when you lighten your hair color is it forever, or does your hair go back to it's natural color??? I love your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks. Would any of these help to cover gray hair with a dark brown or black colour?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Use walnut shells. Boil them for an hour or so and then add some conditioner and put it on your hair. Keep for a couple of hours. Supposed to cover gray hair.

      Delete
  17. Great ideas! Just wanted to point out how important it is to make sure you do not use any metal to mix henna and to always do a strand test. Each batch of henna can be different. I made the mistake of not doing a strand test years ago...right before my senior pictures were scheduled to be taken. I used the same brand and color I had always used so I figured I could skip the strand test. Big mistake! I ended up with this horrible greenish, grayish, brownish, reddish, vomit-like color. It was horrible!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I was wondering if the yogurt I have to use would be natural yogurt right ?
    And ahhhhh I love you blog so much xD ! ! ! ! ! Cause I truly hate chemicals and I actually cant use them so these are just amazing !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I think I am traumatised from using chemicals in the past, trying to go back to being natural and it's tuff.

      Delete
  19. Hi first of all love your blog!! (:
    I have dark brown hair with little light reddish hair in it. I was wondering what can I use to make my red pop up. Hope u can help me
    THAnk YOU (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. apple cider vinegar, i would try a tbs at a time until you get the desired color

      Delete
  20. i tried vitamin C tablets ( not the chewable ones ) to wash off the blue black hair dye from my hair. but do it like once every two weeks. go to ehow to get the directions.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Will it be permanently dyed, or does it fade out over time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fades over time.

      Delete
  22. Thanks for all your posts....
    I wanna darken my hair and I am planning to try out Black tea dye for the same.I have a few doubts w.r.t same.Can you please clarify
    After brewing the tea,should we apply it on our hair and wait for 3-4 hours?After applying for 3-4 hours ,can we use shampoo to wash our hair or shouldn't we use shampoo at this time (wash it with water)?

    Please clarify...

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for all your posts....
    I wanna darken my hair and I am planning to try out Black tea dye for the same.I have a few doubts w.r.t same.Can you please clarify
    After brewing the tea,should we apply it on our hair and wait for 3-4 hours?After applying for 3-4 hours ,can we use shampoo to wash our hair or shouldn't we use shampoo at this time (wash it with water)?

    Please clarify...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rinse it first with water (slowly) then shampoo like you normally will ..

      Delete
  24. What if my hair is already dyed can it still give me the lighter color if I use honey

    ReplyDelete
  25. my hair is ginger and brown and i want it blonde, but i dont want to use more chemicals, which is the best rememdy to use?

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hello,my hair is black-brown and if I want to make it to become a lighter shade of brown can I use tea?

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hello, I have blonde hair and I want to darken it. Will coffee work on blonde hair?
    I definitely don't want any type of red.

    ReplyDelete
  28. hello i have kind of a long black hair and i want it to go to a dark brown, what do you recommend me to use ? i wish you could answer me as soon as possible. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm trying the coffee soon. I have been doing research on it. My hair is a medium brown, sometimes looks darker, sometimes lighter, and I want it darker. :)
    http://creaturecation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi,
    I wanted to use something natural to cover my grays. My hair is black, so I tried henna and then indigo. The henna worked, but not the indigo. So my grays are a sort of coppery color. What did I do wrong and how can I fix this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The henna does leave a copper colour on the gray hair as the indigo doesn't adhere to the gray. If you rinse your hair with coffee or tea it should soften the copper tone. You will probably need to do the rinse on a weekly basis.

      Delete
  31. Hi!!!!

    I have a question. Does the honey work on eyebrows too, or just hair, bc my eyebrows are really dark and thats the color my hair used to be, but iv done so much to it, so its lighter. I want to lighten both.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Trying the coffee "hair dye" today, thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi! I really love this site, its amazing!
    One question, with the henna powder, I have a medium brown hair, will it turn it a reddish or a blackish colour? thanks xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hey! I love this site and I just wanted to know if the dye is temporary or permanent? :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Ive got Indian black hair, but I'm going grey. What's the best natural dye or hair colour to cover my greys?? Really need some advice, thank you

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi Krishna, where do I find rhubarb root in powder form in singapore?

    ReplyDelete
  37. do we have to make a coffee.. as in A REAL CUP OF COFFEE ...which we usually drink (do we have to add sugar to it as well? ) ??
    plzz tell :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. I have tried this treatment and applied it on my head over 10-15 times but I go no result. As I can see my results have come out to be blank. My hair has not lightened, neither has it changed slightly. It may work on a few people although it didn't seem to work out on my hair, even though my hair is medium blonde! In my Opinion I think this website is a load of bullshit.. I don't know where people get all this from; its useless! anyways: Indian hair stores are shit just like there turn out to be.. rapist cunts ;/

    ReplyDelete
  39. baby are you down down down down down!"

    ReplyDelete
  40. Lemon juice burns your scalp along with honey breaks down your hair and pulls it out whereas most people got baldness in their hair because of honey it also causes hair loss in the future. Thank you for reading :) !!

    ReplyDelete
  41. THIS WEBSITE IS A LOAD OF CRACK AND THIS PERSON IS A BULLWRITER... IT HAS NO SENSE. PLEASE BE MORE REALISTIC AND DONT MAKE UP PATHETIC PASTES OF YOUR REMEDIES! SNM!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Hey i have this kinda dark blonde hair colour and i liked to dye it with the coffee.. i'd like to have like this brown/redish look but im scared that it will end up like orange... what should i do?

    ReplyDelete
  43. Hello! Your site is so beautiful! I tried henna for the first time last Friday: I used 1/2 Cup of yogurt and 1 teaspoon of the henna on my chin-length brown/color treated with blond highlights hair for 1 hour. I am not looking for a big change, just an alternative to the salon. I have a few gray hairs which were covered at first but began to show through the next day.

    I am considering coloring again in a few days but I don't know if I should use the same recipe and keep it on longer or increase the amount of henna i put into the yogurt and keep the time the same.

    Thank you for your help!

    ReplyDelete
  44. If you dye it one time with honey, hoe long does it last?

    ReplyDelete
  45. Will I need to be in the sun for any of these ideas??

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...